This, I will make short and sweet. I have already taken up enough of your time with my sill ramblings about my boyfriend. However, this one is different. This is for him, at a future date. When I can actually enjoy the moment, and bask in the afterglow of a job well-done. This is for when he finally has a place of his own without nosy parents to peek in, and we make it our own. This is for how much I love him, not you the reader. This is for every wrong I've ever done him. This is for everything we do right, but mostly for everything he does right.
My love, I just want you to know that this week, you have done so much that repaired my doubts and confusion about our relationship. You shouldn't worry. I knew I loved you. I was just confused as to the exact nature of my love. I had misgivings about whether or not you would be able to pull through. When all along I should have been worrying about me: what could I change to be better suited to you. The answer was to expect nothing. I'd built up all these expectations of what I thought you should be, and when I crumbled those, started living my own life, you became more than I could have hoped for. This week, you have had four incidents that made me want you so badly. First, when you told me you were planning on surprising me by coming home. You know I always love it when you make a special trip just to see me...and you told your MOM! :D Then, you told me you were going to take me out on Saturday. You made a special plan just for the two of us, after we hang out with friends during the day. I even liked that you got upset at me for trying to guess the restaurant. A day later, I find out a dear friend may plan a Christmas cocktail party, so I asked if you'd be interested in attending. You gave the best answer-an answer that no other guy I have hung out with would give: "Honestly, I would be interested in going anywhere with you." God, it made me tear up again! Seriously, someone must be following me with that invisible stinking onion. And last, but certainly not least, I was worried that tonight we would not be able to talk on the phone before I passed out from exhaustion. You assured me that "it should be easy to give [me] that call." Dang it, man! You have got the moves this week. Maybe its just because I am not PMS'ing this week, or the whole surprise has gotten me in a tremendously good mood. Whatever the reason, you have said all the right things this week. And I love you for that. I think that if we can have moments like this interspersed when I am feeling doubtful, I could live with that. You gave me exactly what I needed. Like always. :) You just come in at exactly the right moment, ever time. And I love you for that, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment